Sunday, August 17, 2008

Munchkin Snack Bento

Apparently my obsession with selecting and artfully arranging meals and snacks is contagious. My little one made this snack bento all by herself while I was outside working in the garden the other day. Smiling from ear to ear, she brought it outside to show me.

Munchkin's snack bento contents: animal crackers, pretzels, sesame crackers, goldfish, honey roasted peanuts, Oatmeal Squares, and peanut butter filled Ritz Bits in the middle.

It's a little heavier on the sugar and salt than what I would make, but it's pretty good for a five year old! On a related note, she and my son were riding bikes and playing outside. They were complaining about being thirsty and my son ran inside and shouted, "I'll take care of it!" He emerged from the house a few moments later with their reusable juice boxes filled with ice and lemonade. They really get it; I am so proud.